Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Network

It's a fabulous thing when the network you've spent so much time building and cultivating and maintaining sends something positive back your way. It really makes the effort worth it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm the kind of person who loves sending out holiday cards, or calls you just because you were on my mind and I wanted to say hi. I remember birthdays and important events and will always make an effort to do whatever I can for those I connect with. But it does feel great when those efforts are reciprocated with simply a gesture, a kind word of encouragement, guidance, or a promising opportunity for your future.

Thanks to everyone in my network who has been there for me and made an effort to further my career and success. I appreciate each and every one of you, and will gladly return the favor when the opportunity presents itself.

Happy Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment