Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Life "Project"

As a kid, people ask you "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

I never had a definite answer to that question. A ballerina, a firefighter, a doctor, a lawyer, a veterinarian. I changed my dreams more often than I changed my shoes. It didn't bother me, not knowing exactly which road I would take in life. I always figured I would end up doing whatever I was good at. The search to find my strengths was what I enjoyed: trying something new, challenging myself, finding out what I was capable of when I pushed myself hard enough, seeing what I could accomplish. Even when I failed, I cherished the experience: evaluating where I went wrong, what I could have done differently, what I had learned. A student of trial-and-error, I discovered things about myself and what I wanted from my life that I might not have learned otherwise. More than anything, I learned what kind of person I wanted to be..

A smart, independent and critical thinker. A team-player. Honest and hard-working. A problem-solver. Empathetic and encouraging. Passionate. A responsible, reliable individual. A fast, self-directed learner. Enthusiastic and easy-going. Always looking for ways to improve. Outgoing, fun. Confident, bright, and driven.

My life has been a project; an experiment in what I can accomplish by being myself. This blog is a chronicle of what I discover, an outlet for my ideas and opinions, an attempt to portray who I am now and what I hope to become in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment